Friday, June 6, 2014

Look Up to Father - Father's Day Card

Pin It Now! Here's the Father's Day card I made for my husband this year.  
I love this tree stamp!  The trunk is amazing - look at the detail!  I used Stampin' Write Markers in several colors to hand paint the stamp, then die cut with a Window Frames Framelit, and sponged the sky above and the grass below with Soft Sky and Certainly Celery. I dabbed a little gold in flecks around the edges, too, and tied a bunch of linen thread around the bottom.  A little piercing and two mini brads to finish it. 
I love the way it turned out!  I was inspired by a similar card by Amanda Corbet and changed it up to use the stamps I wanted.  Look Up to Father was a limited edition stamp and is now retired, but it's still available as a digital download.  So you can purchase, recolor in MDS, and print perfectly every time!
Here's the inside.  I "huffed" on the stamp once I used it for the front image and restamped it over my sentiment.  It gives a nice lighter image that echoes the front.  
Thanks for stopping by!

SUPPLIES:  
STAMPS:  Look Up to Father, Teeny Tiny Wishes
INK:  Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Gold Metallic
PAPER:  Moonlight DSP Paper Stack, Blackberry Bliss, Basic Grey, Whisper White
EMBELLISHMENTS:  Linen Thread, Mini Brads, Piercing Tool
BIG SHOT: Window Frames Framelits
PUNCHES:  Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch

1 comment:

  1. You card is so beautiful! Thank you for linking back to me!

    ReplyDelete