Thursday, February 13, 2014

Geek Love Valentines - My Sons' Projects

Pin It Now! I'm a homeschool mom of two boys, (almost) 10 and 13 years old.  So when it came to Valentine cards they said, "Yes" but "only if they're cool".  These are the cards we came up with for the homeschool group party!

This is CJ's card.  He wanted I LIKE YOU, not LOVE.  So we went with this simple card front.
- Starburst Sayings bundle (stamp, circle die)
- On Film Framelits Die (arrow)
- Chevron embossing and ribbon
The cool part is the inside...a 3D pop up heart!
You can find the printable template to make this pop up insert on my Pinterest here
Ryan is my crafty guy.  He's the one that always finds me when I sneak off to my room.  He wanted a card that would showcase his Perler Bead creations - these cool little hearts that he made all on his own!

So I used January's Paper Pumpkin Kit!  I cut the cards up into colorful little 2.75" squares and embellished them with the die cuts and stamps included in the kit. 
I love the input I got from the guys.  They'll be proud to give them out.  They're not too sappy, but they're homemade and definitely from the heart.

Here's the Paper Pumpkin Kit:
If you join now, SU will include a Stampin' Write Marker set!  Email me at inkypinkies at hotmail dot com if you're interested and I can give you more details!  $20. a month, delivered to your door!  Fabulous kits, stamps, and accessories!

Have a blessed and creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment