Monday, July 15, 2013

Vintage Inspired Wiper Card - HSS164 Sketch

Pin It Now!
This week at Hand Stamped Sentiments, we have a sketch to play with.  With trendy hexagon shapes along one side, I couldn’t wait to get started!  

I pulled out lots of new supplies that I haven’t had the chance to use yet…it’s been a busy couple of weeks!  Paper, stamps, my hex punch, and new embellishments, including Chevron Ribbon and the dainty Very Vintage buttons.  With all these supplies in a pile, I knew I would need A LOT of real estate on this card. So I made a “wiper card”. Front, back, sides, and even the inside are decorated with bright colors and patterns.

The patterned paper came from two stacks, the Etcetera and Afternoon Picnic DSPs. Hex shapes were hand cut from a sheet of Afternoon Picnic, and the cute vintage ad on the front was cut from Etcetera.  They both feature Pear Pizzazz, so they blend well!

The front panel uses our sketch at HSS…I turned it on its side.

The “wiper” appears when the card is pulled open from the right and left ends, and “hello, sweet friend” appears.  I love cards with surprises, and I can’t wait to give this one away!

I thought it needed a little space for writing, so the back side is stamped with the new Post Card stamp.

So there you have it, patterns and pop ups all ‘round. Come on over to the Hand Stamped Sentiments blog & see what all the other ladies have created with this fresh sketch!

The Wiper Card was a technique recently posted at the Ustamp With Dawn & Friends Cards With Cool Moves event, and it was so easy to create with the tutorial that Melissa Stout put together.  You can check it out here if you’re
interested.




SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:  Six Sided Sampler, Post Card
INK:  Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Baked Brown Sugar (for distressing edges)
PAPER:  Afternoon Picnic, Etcetera, Pear Pizzazz, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry
EMBELLISHMENTS:  ¾” Chevron Ribbon in Pear Pizzazz, Very Vintage Designer Buttons, Hexagon Punch, Basic Rhinestone, Pear Pizzazz Baker’s Twine

Have a blessed and creative day!  ~ Erika

2 comments: