Monday, February 25, 2013

Vintage Chic Blessing Card HSSSC154

Pin It Now! My least favorite type of card to make is a sympathy card, and I really only make them when I have a reason to.  Well, this week, I need to send one off to a neighbor.  Upon sitting and thinking on it, I decided I would not do a typical black/dark/formal card, but one that might bring a smile to her face.  Pretty, ethereal, and with a simple blessing.

At Hand Stamped Sentiments, for the next 2 weeks, we have a sketch to work with, so here's what I came up with using sympathy and the sketch for guides.
I used layers of Very Vanilla, in the form of embossed cardstock and ribbon, and a die cut from Apothecary Accents, with a little Crumb Cake sponging.  Two butterflies punched with the Elegant Butterfly punch from Tea for Two DSP, and wrapped with a length of Linen Thread.  The card base is dry embossed with the Delicate Designs lacy embossing folder, and the center piece of CS is embossed with Lacy Brocade, brayered with Crumb Cake and popped up on the card base.
Inside, a simple prayer to remind her to trust in the Lord.
I like the way it turned out, and that it's understated.  I'll probably make a few to keep on hand for other occasions as well.  

What do you think of this sketch?  I hope it sparks some ideas and that you'll join in the challenge!  I'd love to pay your blog a visit!  Click the image below to see the other designers' projects and to link up.

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS:  Crosses of Hope, Trust God, Layered Labels
INK: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
PAPER: Very Vanilla Tea for Two DSP
EMBELLISHMENTS:  Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon, Linen Thread, Elegant Butterfly, Frost White Shimmer Paint
BIG SHOT: Lacy Brocade EF, Delicate Designs EF, Framelits Apothecary Accents

3 comments:

  1. Seriously BEE-U-TIful!! I am always in awe of those who can create these types of projects, my eyes and hands dont seem to be conducive to it. I love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful vintage chic card! Love it and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful ! Love the softness of the colors and images. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete