Monday, December 31, 2012

Thank you, thank you! {Vintage Romance}

Pin It Now! Alas, Christmas is fading away, one box at a time.  I’ve packed away my Christmas cards and other paper projects for July (LOL, when I start Christmas all over again), so I’m on to my next favorite…romance!  Pink!  Ribbon!  Love!

The current challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments is the color combo: Primrose Petals, Pool Party, Basic Black.  Wow!  What a pleasant palette!

I made a pair of thank you cards with a stamp set I drooled over when the last catty came out…Postage Due.

The first is a Crumb Cake base, and I just rubbed the ink pad lightly over the bicycle collage image, so it wouldn’t saturate the cardstock and take over.  The Travel Journal wheel stamp is rolled onto the 7/8” Natural cotton ribbon, and layered over the postage stamps with a shredded length of Primrose Petals, Vintage Faceted Button, and basic pearl.  The top is embossed with the lacy Delicate Designs embossing folder.

Inside is the Thank You sentiment from From My Heart, and the heart is colored Primrose Petals and jazzed up with Crystal Effects.

The second card was an afterthought, quickie card, but I love it even more!  It’s a 4 x 4-¼”  card, finished at the bottom with Edgelits Adorning Accents.  The ribbon at the top is Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon, rubbed with a sponge and Primrose Petals ink, then sprayed with my home-mixed rubbing alcohol / Frost White Shimmer Paint in an empty Smooch Spritz bottle.  I scrunched it into a ball to shabby it up, and tied it around the front, and placed Always Artichoke “leaves” of seam binding ribbon and a vintage faceted button with a linen thread bow in the center.

The little heart in the center is colored with a Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker, then glittered with Dazzling Diamonds and covered with Crystal Effects.
Inside, From My Heart on Primrose Petals CS...

Hope you’ll play along with us at HSS!  Click here to visit the site.

SUPPLY LIST:
STAMPS:  Postage Due, From My Heart
INK:  Basic Black, Primrose Petals, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Travel Journal #126937(wheel)
PAPER: Very Vanilla, Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake
EMBELLISHMENTS: Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, 7/8” Natural Cotton Ribbon, Linen Thread, Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Basic Pearls, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
OTHER:  Crystal Effects, Edgelits Adorning Accents, Delicate Designs Embossing folder, sponges, Frost White Shimmer Paint/Rubbing alcohol mix, Sticky Tape, Snail, Tombo Multi Glue, Two-Way glue pen.


No comments:

Post a Comment