Monday, December 3, 2012

Monochromatic and Mailable Merry Christmas! HSS147

Pin It Now! This week is the official start to the Christmas season, and I'm feeling a little urgency to get something accomplished!  As in, more than one or two cards a week :)  I've toyed around with the idea of doing a digital card this year, instead of handmade for everyone, but every time I look at templates and samples, I get a sinking feeling.  It's not the same!  They're pretty, and I scrap in digi, but my friends and family will continue to get a personally made-by-me card.  In an effort to move things forward, I am challenging myself to do a few one or two layered cards, to save in bulk and supplies.  Here are this week's mailable cards...
Here's a quick how-to:
Random thought...why did this photo turn out all wonky and the rest of them are fine?
It stretches out every time I try to resize.
I think I'll write a haiku about it to get it off my mind.

Nature of photo
Independent of blogger
Sprawling like snowflakes

There, that's better.  Moving along...

I tried this card in both 1 and 2 layers.  I like them both, but I like the card front popped up for a little dimension.  It's simply masked with a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" layer of paper die cut with Apothecary Accents Framelits.  I used scotch tape to hold the template in place, and if you use regular weight cardstock, it's reusable several times.  Then either use one color of ink, and stamp off the smaller trees once to make them lighter, or use 2 coordinating ink colors.  Sponge the edges of the die cut window, lightly, inward, in a circular motion. Stamp the "Silent Night" word tree from Evergreen in Frost White Shimmer Paint, applied with a sponge.  Before removing the die cut window, spritz a little shimmer mist over the whole scene (I created my own with a spray mini mister mixed with 2/3 rubbing alcohol & a few drops of Shimmer Paint).  It makes your snowy scene look fantastic! Stamp your sentiment (Many Merry Messages) with either your 2 colors, or stamp, stamp off, and recolor "Blessings" with the same color Stampin' Write Marker.  At this point, if you are layering the card, trim your panel down 1/8" on each side and adhere with dimensionals.  Stamp inside sentiment.  When your card is fully assembled, draw a little Crystal Effects onto the scene at the base of the trees and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds.  This simple card will shine like crazy!

The blue card is done with Marina Mist and Bashful Blue.
The green card is one layer, one ink...Always Artichoke.
The purple card is Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder.
And the Very Vanilla card is done with Early Espresso and Crumb Cake.  My personal favorite :)
Here's a close up of the shimmer, hard to see in the other pics.
So, are you up for a monochromatic challenge?!  Drop in on us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and get a little inspiration, share a project with us, or just say Hi!  Thanks for stopping by!
SUPPLY LIST:
STAMPS:  Evergreen, Lovely As A Tree, Many Merry Messages
PAPER:  Whisper White or Very Vanilla
INK: Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder
TOOLS/ACCESSORIES: Sponges, Shimmer Paint, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Big Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment