Monday, August 13, 2012

Vintage Christmas Ornament Mini Album HSS131

Pin It Now! Ahh, finally I'm home and have full access to stampin' supplies!  I have a box load of new goodies from the Holiday Catalog, and had time to just tinker around - my favorite way to unwind :)

The challenge theme at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week is Vintage. So I created a mini album Christmas ornament from an empty Dahlias container; it's a bit slimmer than the normal embellishment containers.
You can see here the plastic container that holds the pages.  The tulle flower was CASEd from pg 13 of the July Stampin' Success magazine.  I have a friend that wants to make these, so I set out to figure out the DIY.
The tulle flower is layered on loops of Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, and then on layers of Fancy Flower punches from the new Candlelight Christmas DSP.
Inside the case is a very tiny mini album of our memorable moments from last Christmas.  They are 2-1/2" punched circles of 4 different patterns, including the flocked window sheet (luscious!).  They're adhered with Sticky Strip to make a micro accordion album. 
The album cover is a pic from one of our many trips to Panera...I'm sure this was a Peppermint Mocha or something equally delish.  Anyway, I converted all of the photos to black & white so they didn't compete with the DSP, and sized them to punch with the 1-3/8" circle punch.  I made tiny ornament hangers by punching the new Champagne Glimmer Paper with the Scallop Ribbon Punch and cutting one scallop for each ornament top.  The cover is rimmed with Champagne Glitter Glass (love that stuff - very vintage!). BTW, I realized after the fact that the album should be dated "2011". Ah, well.  Fifty years from now who will know?!
 Here are the pages.  I kept the journal strips to one or two words each, but I know the inside story to each one.
 The hanger loop is the 7/8" cotton ribbon, stamped with the Good Cheer wheel stamp.  (Wheel stamps are my all time fave :)
 There are a few leaves punched with the Bird Builder Punch from Champagne Glimmer paper.
 The backside, covered with more DSP.
Vintage Christmas is my favorite Christmas style.  What does Vintage mean to you?  Join us at HSS and go all out this week with the vintage / retro / shabby chic, whatever you envision!

6 comments:

  1. I am amazed at your talent. I'm speechless. What a beautiful ornament that opens to share so much more. Such a fun way to remember the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you take the cake missy! This project was WAY adorable and seriously a little photo book inside- really?! I was just lovein the tulle rosette on the top but the little photo book pushes it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brava! You are getting a standing ovation award for the perfection of this gorgeous project! Thanks for sharing such a perfect vintage creation. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I have always wanted to make one of these. You have inspired me to give it a try! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What can I say but simply deliciously vintage. I love your project!! I'll have to some of that tulle ribbon. Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh....I love this!!! I think my friends would love to make it, too! I'm gonna have to check out how to make that flower!

    ReplyDelete