Monday, January 30, 2012

Love You Because...dry erase frame art {Thriftypinkies}

Pin It Now!
My stampin' sister JoAnn found these frames at (lol) JoAnn's for A DOLLAR!  Get out, right? They're gorgeous and sturdy.

So I decided to try using it as a dry-erase board.


I used SU's new Attic Boutique DSP, layered it up at a 4x6 size, and added an image from Have A Seat in Early Espresso, run through the Big Shot with Decorative Frames embossing folder, and hand-tore the edges.  Then I inked the edges in Poppy Parade to match the matting of the smaller rectangle, but inked from the backside first, distressed a little more with my fingernail, and touched up on the front side only where I thought it was needed.  This way, the sponging is very subtle.  Punched two hearts from Poppy Parade and silver Glimmer Paper and set them on the chair.  I framed this portion at this point.

Below you can see that I added all the 3D elements on the outside of the glass...printed  "I Love You Because" with my computer using French Script font, and printed on Watercolor Paper.  It has such rich texture!  Then I finished the edge with Basic Pearls and added a few more in the lower corner.


Here's the beautiful part...whenever you think of another reason, you can write a little love note to your special someone and leave it where they'll see it!

AND, I discovered that our Stampin' Write Markers work wonderfully in place of a dry-erase marker.  to change the message, spray a bit of Stampin' Mist onto a tissue and it rubs off easily!

Here's my first message to my sweetie.  I also plan to leave these messages to my children. Like, "Your smile lights up the room", "you give the greatest hugs", and "your techie genius always saves the day" <3


I used The Paper Players current sketch to inspire the layout, I just made it landscape to suit my needs.  You should give it a try!



SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Have A Seat
PAPER:  Attic Boutique DSP, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, Watercolor Paper
INK: Early Espresso, Poppy Parade, Black Stampin' Write Marker
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Decorative Frames Embossing Folder, Heart to Heart Punch, Basic Pearls,

Have a blessed & creative day! Erika. www.erikaclark.stampinup.net

4 comments:

  1. Great project! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever are you?! This is wonderful and I love how you've used our sketch...what a great tip on the stampin' write markers too! Thanks for stopping by my blog today...and thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those frames were a great find, indeed! Wow, Erica! This is such a fun idea and a very creative take on the sketch. Love it...and thanks for inspiring me to make one of my own. Awesome idea! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute and clever! I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete