Sunday, November 13, 2011

SIMPLY SPARKLING SSC229

Pin It Now! Help! I need an intervention! I should be doing SO many other things, but I'm hooked on making Christmas cards. I was actually dreaming about this sketch. Thinking about it during the sermon at church. While cooking bacon. So the only way to get it off my mind was just to do something about it!
The glimmer paper makes this wreath so dreamy! A few punches from the bird punch, a few glue dots, and some red glimmer holly berries from the owl punch. Finished off with a bow of Real Red 1/4" grosgrain & a rhinestone brad. I wish I had one like this to hang in my house!

The sentiment is from The Sounding Joy. I stamped it on a piece of Whisper White, then trimmed evenly around the word, leaving enough room around all 4 sides to run 2 score lines down each side. The Simply Scored tool makes it look so well finished.
Here's the Stamping 411 sketch...


Can you tell that I do my blogging on my iPhone?!


The main card base is from a Simply Sent kit. These kits are great! Precut, embossed, scalloped. Envelopes & sentiment trim included.


Here's the bird punch that the wreath leaves came from. The wrap & interlock so nicely.


Happy Sunday to all! I'm decorating for Christmas this weekend to leave more time in December for the good stuff.

Have a blessed & creative day! Erika. www.erikaclark.stampinup.net

9 comments:

  1. Love your card! You're right, the wreath is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super fantabulous!!! Love what you've done with the wreath and glimmer paper. How fun!!! No wonder you couldn't do your stuff you had great ideas floating around in your head!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Another fabulous card Erika! I love that wreath! :) Thanks for playing along with my I {Heart} Ribbon Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come I can't be dreaming about glitzy wreaths while working? I knew that bird punch was just waiting to reveal its full potential! Gorgeous wreath and I really like the simplicity of the grosgrain ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath and the bling! Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! Love how you used the card kit and that glittery wreath is awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That glittery wreath is stunning! What a wonderful holiday card.

    P.S. My son would say nothing interferes with bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh--this is FANTASTIC!!! LOVING that glitter paper--must get some! :) Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete