Saturday, October 8, 2011

SHADOWBOXES - ThriftyPinkies!

Pin It Now! Cruising the dollar store, I picked up a few goodies to make craft projects out of.  Here is the first set, made from a wooden shadowbox ($1.00) and a black crow (also $1.00). 
All paper is Pick Your Poison from the Holiday Mini.
I've seen these crows around, and couldn't wait to try one of my own! 
My tip for you is...LOTS of hot glue.  Easy.
The shadow box went together easily too, just by cutting bits & pieces of the DSP.

The pic below shows detail of the title cut from a piece, sponged, blinged, and embellished.

The tag punch worked nicely to highlight a few spooky features.

A little ribbon & antique brad, and it's ready to put pictures in & hang!

Here's a Christmas version of the same idea...This is done by my very talented co-scrapper and neighbor, JoAnn :o)

So pretty!  The little gift box is made with 2 punches of the Petal Card Double Punch, nestled together.
Paper is Holly Berry Bouquet. 

Any questions?  Feel free to leave a comment or email!
 Have a blessed & creative day! Erika

2 comments:

  1. This box is awesome....I will be going to dollar tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these projects!! I will need to see if my dollar store has these shadow boxes!! I will be featuring these projects on my Halloween feature of My Crafty Picks #40 with a link back to your blog on 10-30-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete