Tuesday, September 6, 2011

STITCHED STOCKING TREATS

Pin It Now! I whipped up a batch of these for a swap, and to use as thank-yous. 

This is the new Stitched Stockings set and Stocking Builder Punch from Stampin' Up's Holiday Mini. 



SUPPLY LIST:
PAPER: CHERRY COBBLER, WHISPER WHITE
STAMPS: STITCHED STOCKINGS, DELICATE DOILIES
TOOLS: STOCKING BUILDER PUNCH, XL SCALLOP PUNCH, 1-3/8" CIRCLE PUNCH, 1-3/4 CIRCLE PUNCH
EMBELLIES: MICA FLAKES, CHERRY COBBLER SEAM BINDING RIBBON, BASIC RHINESTONES, STAMPIN' DIMENSIONALS, CRYSTAL EFFECTS, STICKY TAPE
 It takes EASY and CUTE to a whole new level!!!

I alternated the stocking tops using Mica Flakes and Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon.  Which do you like best?  If you're wondering about mica flakes, I wasn't sure about them, but couldn't wait to give them a try.  I punched the stocking tops (a small rectangle), and laid them in my glitter tray.  Then I applied an even layer of Crystal Effects and poured mica flakes generously over all.  I took a large punch, turned upside down, and placed it over the pile of mica flakes, and left it there for several minutes.  This flattens the fluffy flakes so your punch will retain its shape.  Then I removed the excess flakes, applied another layer of Crystal Effects over the first layer, and repeated.  This gave me a nice, thick, but more flattened layer of mica flakes.  I trimmed the edges of them, because I love everything SYMMETRICAL! I love glitter and glitz, but I had to find a way to use these shiny pretties without looking sloppy. 

All in all, these take about 5 minutes to make, with the right supplies.  If you need any of these, head right on over to my Stampin' Up! Shop, open 24/7/365. 

Have a Blessed and creative day!  Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment