Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Crisp Autumn Thank You Gift

Pin It Now! For my latest workshop, I wanted to make a special thank-you for my hostess.  I made this box using the petal cone die (the instructions are on the packaging).  I used Spice Cake to cut a strip to use as trim, using pinking shears.


I made a pretty flower using the Big Shot, folded and layered them, secured with a button embellished with Build-A-Brad and Spice Cake DSP, and a vintage tag. 

Inside....new Spice Cake Designer Buttons, with a circle punch of Spice Cake DSP, topped off with various ribbons.  Each one is a magnet!  Dollar store round magnets are glued onto the back with Sticky Strip.  I saw this clever button idea done by fellow SU demonstrator Barb Mullikin.







To top it all off, I added a pin back to the fabric flower, no need to leave it stuck on the box!  I love the color so much, I'd definitely wear this!  How about you?

 
 

Have a blessed & creative day! Erika. www.erikaclark.stampinup.net

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a fabulous hostess gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hostess is gonna love this! Will have to try the magnet idea.

    ReplyDelete