Monday, August 8, 2011

Beau Birthday Cards

Pin It Now! Today was a great day...I got to (1) make cards (2) with a dear, sweet friend (3) at home, huddled up in my cozy little craft room. We made birthday cards for another mutual friend.  Here's what JoAnn came up with:


Paper: Beau Chateau DSP, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette, Confetti White
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Punch: Curly Label
Embellies: Dotted Scallop ribbon in Early Espresso, Build-A-Brad, Pink Pirouette 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals
Stamp Set: Tagtastic


Isn't it pretty, pretty, pretty?  We saw a similar sample on Splitcoast, changed up the DSP and added a few embellishments.  I love repetitive shapes, and I love mulitple patterns.  This one turned out very nicely.

Here was my birthday card:
Paper: Beau Chateau, Whisper White
Punches: Decorative label, misc scallop punch, Modern Label, Round Tab
Embellishments: Antique Brads, Basic Rhinestones
Ink: Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake

This one is a dresser sidestep card, and I learned how to form the card on Jackie Topa's website.  There are a lot of super cute punch-cut dress designs out there, and I love how the scallop punch makes a feminine, swingy dress.  I used the flip side of the pink and white DSP to add a wide sash to the waist, and made a flower sprayed with smooch spritz and reinker.  I will definitely be making more of these!  Easier than they look.

Hope you enjoyed my pink & blue cards!  If you'l like to order any of these supplies, head on over to my Stampin' Up! Store!

*TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS MONTH'S SPECIAL ON STAMPIN' UP! PAPER PACKS!
Mix and match any of Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous Designer Series Paper
Buy three and get a pack of your choice FREE!  Yay!
I recommend checking out all of the wonderful holiday packs...
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then a pack to tickle your fancy on us.

Have a Blessed and creative day!  Erika

1 comment: