Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Delicate Doilies in Wisteria Wonder for MOJO199

Pin It Now!  Hi Friends!  I've been spending all week tucked away in the mountains, where the weather is cool, and the lush green mountainsides are just gentle to the spirit.  I spent 2 days cleaning and painting, and the rest of the time seated at my new scrap area...here's a look at my humble but HAPPY space...
Look at all those punches! LOL!  They were for just one project I'm prepping for.
And my Idea Book front & center :)
Anywhoo, to the matter at hand.  Mojo Monday.  I'd like to be one of the first to post every Monday, as I do look for the new challenge every Monday, first thing.  Like when I'm having that first sip of coffee.  Then the idea has to marinate for awhile.  Gotta think of my stash, new stamps, techniques, how to use the template maybe not quite so literally.  You do too, don't you?!  These things don't come naturally to me.   

So here's my frilly, Wisteria, Doily-laden card for MOJO199...
I love that the Delicate Doilies DSP has TWO full sheets of luscious laser-cut doilies to cut and use.  The color is on one side, and the other side is plain white.  I can see this being used by stamping right on the white side of the doily, wow, won't that be cute! Hmmm...

Here's the template:
There's so much potential for this sketch!  I turned it sideways, and started by trimming 1-1/2" off the right side of the card front.  Next punched a Lace Ribbon Border and adhered to card front.  I cut a doily from Deicate Doilies DSP, added the happy birthday sentiment from a new Hostess set, Happiest Birthday Wishes, layered and adhered, adding a bit of seam binding ribbon to make the Happy Birthday pop.  I stamped a doily from the Delicate Doilies stamp set, and punched a Butterfly out of it, inked the edges, layered with another Whisper White butterfly, added pearls and a hat pin I had sticking out of my tote, and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Finally, finished with Whisper White Organza Ribbon.  Oh, and layered the inside of the card with a scrap of Delicate Doilies paper, as you can see in the detail pictures...

As always, if you'd like to place an order, feel free to email me erika.stmichaelsrv@gmail.com, or shop online anytime at my Stampin' Up Site

Have a blessed and creative day!  Erika :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty! Love those colors. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute card! Love the image! Great job! Olena

    ReplyDelete